Sunday, September 23, 2012

United States Presentation

In class the last group for country presentations went up.  The country was the United States.  I already knew a lot about the United States since of course I live here.  Although, there were many things I did not know.  For example, I learned that the United States has an unemployment rate of 9%.  The rate of natural increase or the death rate subtracted by the birth rate is 5.29.  The birth rate of children in the United States is 13.69 births per 1000 live births.  The net migration rate is the number of people entering and leaving country.  The net migration rate for the United States is 3.92. This means that more people are entering than leaving the country.  Also, I learned that throughout the 19 and 20th centuries, all fifty states were added and they became the nation we are today.  Another fact I learned is that we are the third largest country in population in the world.  The United States is a developed country.  Today the United States has 290 million people with cell phones.  245 million people also have internet or access to it.  Many of these facts I had no clue about.

No comments:

Post a Comment